Monday, June 28, 2010
So, I bet your wondering, "what in the world is Kira doing up so late?" Well, I'll tell you what, I'm trying to get my life back in order. Tony started a new job on Friday, that is a "2nd shift" job, which means he works from around 5pm to 12-1am. He's only had two days of working there so far, and I feel like my routine is spiraling out of control! :) Everything is back words! I now make him "dinners" to take with him to work instead of "lunches." (okay, really its the same exact food, just a different name.) I do most my cleaning at evening/night, so that I can hang out with him when he's home. I make dinner food for lunch (so he can have a good hearty meal) and lunch food for dinner. We have family home afternoon, instead of family home evening. It's crazy! What kind of crazy people do these crazy CRAZY things?! All I can say is, after two days of this, I can't wait until he gets a different job. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kira I know how you feel. Levi has been working a 2:30 to 10:30 shift for over a year now and I still don't have a routine. Most of the time the kids are still up when he gets home just so they can spend a little bit of time with him. I hope it gets better for you. We miss you and can't wait to see you again soon! Love you
I guess you do what you have to do. My hubby worked 2 - 3 jobs for YEARS. All your growing up days. We never saw him. Somedays he was gone before you got up and didn't come home till we were all in bed. Makes for l-o-n-g days! What a good man though to do whatever he has to do support his family. xoxoxo
Kira--Hang in there...you are an amazing mom and I can only imagine how much harder it is to have your "regular schedule" flipped, but your mom is right: What a good man Tony is to do what is necessary to take care of you and those darling kids. My good hubz was working in Boston while I was preggers with The Boy (and the Girl was 1 1/2) and we'd only see him every other weekend for two days--long enough to do laundry and get him ready to go again. I really don't know how we managed that kind of schedule, but we survived and you'll be blessed & strengthened to endure it all.
♥ Shauna
sounds to me like in the 3 days you've adjusted quite well. Shift work is always interesting for the Momma. I'm just so glad he's finally working. I've prayed so hard for you guys. Count your blessings!!
Post a Comment