Sunday, May 2, 2010

a little bit of this, a little bit of that

First off I promised I would post pictures of our new computer. So here they are (sorry about the junk around it, I took the picture last second before I did this post)

She's a beaut- isn't she? (dreamy look in my eyes)
You may be wondering where the tower is. There isn't one. All of that stuff is in the monitor, so it makes it extra easy to put anywhere (and extra easy for a thief to steal it, but you get what you get I guess ;) ) It's mostly pretty awesome to work on. The monitor is huge and a mac is a lot easier to work with and get use to then I thought it would be. Pretty awesome.
These next pictures are taken at a park that is walking distance from our house (well, maybe about a mile-mile and a half away).
Cute Fox swinging
Adorable Emma swinging
Liam riding a horse holding his invisible sword
Emma riding an elephant
So remember the other day on face book when I posted this

(okay for someone who's never lived in Iowa) we just had the "sever weather" sirens go off and I am flipping out!! All I can picture are giant tornadoes (we are in the tornado belt, you know) thrashing trees,and the roof being torn from my house!! Yikes!!

Well there was no tornado, but there was a ton of rain. I mean a TON of rain!! That lasted for hours. It was pretty cool.
Out my back window
You can see how in storybooks they call it "sheets of rain." It literally looked like sheets or walls of rain.

Out the front window (Ma, our house mimics the ones you can see. We live in a nice brick one... with black shutters...just so you know, for when you come visit :) )
Evidently the sirens go off quite often here. So I guess I'll have to get use to it. But it still kinda freaks me out. Stupid sirens.

2 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Love the invisible sword. :)

I would have freaked out too.

sisterwendy said...

thanks for the pictures! I am way jealous over the computer! It looks awesome. The kids look so happy at the park- I was glad to see them in familiar clothes and coats :) I feel like they still have a little bit of Utah home in them (or at least on them:) The weather pictures were CRAZY! And where you live, looks homey :) I feel better about you being away now (except for maybe the scary rain:) xoxoxo