Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Funny's from the Bundy's

As I posted on FB-
Emma doesn't pretend to be a princess, or mom, or anything cute like that. No, the last couple of days she's been coming up to me and saying, "Mom, I'm an old lady." I'm not quite sure what sparked this interest of being an old lady or why she thinks it is so fun, but it's been quite consistant over the last couple of days that she will pretend to be an old lady. Pretty funny. The last time she told me she was an old lady I asked, "why do you want to be an old lady?" to which Liam replied, "Because she's rich, she's got Cash!" I guess old lady's are rich. No wonder. :)

We have a lot of squirrels in Iowa. It's fun to look out your front window and see two or three (huge!) squirrels running around. The other day, at the dinner table, Tony was telling me and the kids something and right in the middle of his sentence he said, "Squirrel!" Yes, that's right, just like Doug in the movie UP. He saw a squirrel and stopped everything he was doing and said squirrel. Needless to say, I made fun of him quite a while after that. It was real funny.

We have been potty training Emma for the last couple of weeks. She's been doing awesome, and stays dry most days, but she does accidents. One of these accidents happened on a day that I was doing laundry so I helped her out of her wet clothes, threw them on top of a basket full of dirty clothes and continued about my day. Tony was getting ready to go work out so he got dressed and then came to me and said, "Are you sure those clothes in the basket got dry, because this shirt is feeling a little bit damp." I asked him which basket. Then (giggling) pointed out that those clothes hadn't been washed yet and I had just thrown Emma's wet clothes on top. He changed real quick. I laughed real hard. :D

1 comment:

sisterwendy said...

I wish I could have seen Tony's face when he realized his damp shirt was not just damp from underdrying :) LOL! That's a story that will last a lifetime of retelling :)