On mothers day, I got to talk to most of my family and I was just fine. Joking and laughing with all of them, until I got on the phone with my dad-and without invitation or warning, I began tearing up.
My Dad and I don't communicate the same way that my other family member's do. With my other family talking is enough. My Dad and I don't "talk" exactly. I feel like I communicate more with my Dad through looks, and movement. Strange, I know, that's why it was a strange realization, but that's why I miss him the most.
I loved living with my Dad the past couple of months. To come into the room and have him look at me and smile like he was the most proud of me that he ever could be. I don't know why I thought he looked so proud of me, I guess because I'm so cute :), but I loved that. And I miss that.
I miss you Dad. And I love you. Thanks for being my Dad, and making me feel special, like I was the best daughter in the world, by just a smile or a laugh. I love you.
Love, me
4 comments:
Kira, that was so sweet! It made me get chocked up. We will miss you this year at the reunion. Have fun on this great adventure.
I know exactly what you mean. I miss working with him like crazy too. I miss seeing him daily.
kira, i'm tearing up reading this. my dad and i are very much the same. when they came to see the baby, i couldn't even look him in the eye when they left because i thought i would just melt into a puddle of tears.
i think you hit it right on - it's how they communicate without words.
chances are he misses you the most, too. i know my dad does.
He's the one I'd miss the most too :)
Post a Comment