Thursday, October 14, 2010

So I was going to do a big old long post today with all the birthdays and fun time we've been having with Tony's brother Jon here visiting us, until I realized that Tony took the camera with him and Jon to Nauvoo, so all I have are the pics on my phone. :-/ But that'll have to do for now. Here are some unbirthday pictures and birthday ones will come when I get the camera back.

So, the other day, Liam got ahold of some stickers. He put them on his shirt and then went along his way. When I finally looked at which stickers he had on, I was quite surprised.
He spelled MAIL! I had a bit of motherly proudness that my son was so smart and that he could spell mail at such a young age! But then I thought 'why would Liam write mail on his shirt?' and then it hit me...
Look...look harder...that's right MAIL is LIAM spelled backwards. :) I'm still motherly proud, just with hysterical laughing attached :)

A few days ago, I was on the computer room and Emma decided to come and play by me. She was playing under the ironing board and kicked it. The iron tipped off the board and fell...right on her head. I may or may not have panicked, just a small amount, as she started screaming bloody murder and a lump began to protrude out of her head several inches. I also may or may not have thought crazy things like 'Oh, my goodness! Her skull has cracked open and her brains are coming out of her head.' I called Tony who told me to call his mom. After calling Mom Bundy, and checking for a concussion, she reassured me that she was probably fine (no brains) and gave me signs to watch for a concussion or other problems. When I got off the phone the lump had shrunk to about half the size it was before. That's when I took these pictures. Imagine this times two.


By the time Tony came home there was only a small lump and lots of bruising. You have to admit though, for a bruised-lump-protruding chick, she's DANG cute :)

2 comments:

sisterwendy said...

OMGosh Kira! I would have had a cow if that happened to one of my kids!! That looks like a horrible bump :( poor little Emma! But from your other posts (John Deere) I can't see any signs of a bump anymore- crazy how it went away so fast! I must be dislexic! I read Liam right away! He is way to smart! xoxoxo

Chantal Marie said...

When you said to "look closer" I still didn't get it. I just thought he was going through a "I want to be a mail man when I grow up" phase.
And don't feel too bad about Emma. AnDee has had not one but two black eyes in the last little while. She is insane and I have no doubt that she has plenty more in store for me.