Monday, October 4, 2010

1 year old

Fox is birthday is tomorrow, but I knew I needed to do this post today because it would never get done tomorrow :)

From the first moment I saw you, I loved you.
From the first moment I held your warm little body in mine, I knew I'd never let you go.
From the first moment you looked at me, I knew I would never be the same.
From the first moment your siblings saw you, I knew you were who we'd been waiting for.
The first time you smiled, I felt true happiness.
The first time you giggled, I felt true joy.
You have made my life better.
You have been my sunshine, in a world of rain clouds.
You are my Fox,

cunning, wise, noble, a trickester, and one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
Thank you for choosing to come to me.
I love you, and happy birthday.
Love Mom


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy first birthday fox!

sisterwendy said...

thanks for posting this :) even though, now I can't see..sniff sniff... or breath, cause I have a stuffy nose....sniff sniff.... I have been there most of his first year too....sniff sniff.... darn you for moving. Happy birthday Fox, I miss you. You'd better be whispering "grandma" in his ear at least once a day! Don't let those kids forget me. They are the most remarkable kids- brilliant, beautiful and bubbly :) as are all my grandchildren xoxoxoxo (some days are just harder than others) :(

sisterwendy said...

Sorry about that comment- it was not a very happy one. Fox is adorable and getting so big!! I wish you all lived closer, but I am glad you are improving your lives and are happy. :) give those kids hugs from us all xoxoxoxo

Shauna said...

*sniff* *wiping tears* Awww.

Katie and Levi said...

This made me cry... I wish you guys were closer. I miss you terribly.

Sunshine said...

Yeah so this made everybody get the sniffy's except me. I just out right balled!! He is so darling, and sweet and wonderful. You have such an incredible writing talent.
I really miss you all!