July 6th we were lucky enough to be in Utah for Liam's baptism. It was an awesome day! Tony baptized and confirmed Liam and lots of family got to be there. It was also pretty cool because my parents bishop (Bishop Cabe Atkinson) was also one of my leaders while I was in young women's, so I felt right at home.
I cried alot. I knew I was going to. I tear up at other kids'
baptisms, while the parents sit there smiling and dried eyed. I just think it's so cool. And Bishop Atkinson surprised the mom's by asking them to bare their testimonies. So then I cried more.
But I'm super excited Liam decided to make the decision to be baptized. He's such a good kid, and a good example for his siblings and those around him.
The Monday (July 8th) after we headed home to Iowa. We were sad to leave, but excited to get back to real life (kind of). Fox keeps asking if we can go to Grandma's house to show her: his cut on his ear, his stuffed animal, his picture he colored.
We miss it there, but will be back next year. :)
Thanks for letting us visit, Utah!
3 comments:
I've loved all these posts. The pictures have made me laugh out loud, really. The monkeys-too funny!!!'
So bummed we couldnt make it for the baptism. Im glad it went well.
Good work Liam!
I still think it was a miracle that everything worked out that Liam could be baptized here in Utah! So glad that most of his extended family could be in attendance. It was wonderful to be a part of. And then to have Grandma Friendly be one of the speakers! That was too cool :)
Post a Comment