Monday, July 22, 2013

Fishing with Grandpa

I think Liam's one thing that he wants to do while we are in Utah is go fishing (and hunting, buuuut not quite old enough) with Grandpa. This year he got to go 3 times! And two of those times were on Grandpa's new boat! I don't think he could have been happier. 

The first trip they left at 5 in the morning. Before they left, Liam ate a sweet roll and then Grandpa's friend Rob bought him some jerky at the gas station. Liam made it almost to the lake before he puked in Grandpa's truck :). Luckily Grandpa and Rob were good sports...I think. He did much better after that  and they caught a ton of fish. 

The second time Grandma and Grandpa took Liam, Emma, Fox, and Magnum to a little fishing pond up in Alpine (Sadly, I have no pictures). As far as I was told, fishing held some of the kids attention for .2 seconds and some of the others were "afraid" of the fish. So-

Trip three Grandpa took only Liam again, and Sierra. :)

Liam also learned that if you caught the fish you had to help gut, bone, and cook the fish. It was pretty fun to watch and the barbecued fish was so stinking good!! 






Thanks Grandpa!!

1 comment:

sisterwendy said...

Grandpa's been fishing twice since he took Liam, he caught fish both times, but nothing the size he caught when Liam was with him! Liam must be the fish whisperer ;)