I started to get on edge today when some of the kids' friends were here after school. Liam and Emma just can't manage to keep their hands off of them. They constantly are trying to wrestle, or sit, or karate fight their friends. I just don't get it. So yes, they were sent to their rooms twice within the half an hour that their friends where here.
When their friends left I had a talk with Liam and Emma explaining personal boundaries and why we don't sit/kick/punch our friends. After I threatened the kids to play nicely, or else. Liam ran and grabbed a handful of computer paper. Being already frustrated from the earlier events and having told Liam a million times not to use the computer paper, I let loose. Yelling things like "NO! I've told you a million times! You have a book you can color in!"
His poor little face crumpled and with the saddest cry I have ever heard he said, "I just wanted to make a valentine."
So hand me the award. I deserve it.
I tried to scrape up some of my dignity by letting him use some of my scrapbook paper.
On a lighter, yet still horrible mom note-
Earlier this week I was taking out the garbage to which Emma exclaimed "Yay!! New clean garbage bag!! No more stinky garbage!" Followed by some sort of jovial jig.
I guess it had been too long since I had last taken out the garbage.
No kid should be that excited about garbage being taken out.
A few minutes later I was talking with Emma and asked her what her name was.
"Emma."
"Emma what? What's your last name?"
"Emma Leederhoisen."
Ah, yes. That'll be great if she ever gets lost.
I'd like to thank the academy...
4 comments:
Who told you?
lol, there was no post before! Just the title! Friends over can't last long. It frazzles me. They can't agree on anything!
I love Emma Leederhoise. :)
Congratulations on your award from the original and most accomplished bad mom winner :) Too bad we have to have older kids that get to be our guinea pigs while we are learning how to be moms. Those younger kids (who everybody thinks we are easier on, get old, slow, tired parents- but who have learned what battles to fight and when to think- oh what the heck) And thank goodness for kids who forgive and forget quickly and love you no matter what. Besides, I think there are a ton of other moms who win this award daily, so sorry, you really don't deserve the title. xoxoxo
I laughed out loud. Twice. That Emma....
Post a Comment