1. If I wasn't a good Mormon girl I think I could be an excellent drinker. Tony would bring me shot glasses full of nasty medicine and I could take that shot as good any large, bearded, beer-belly man. I'm just sayin'.
2. You don't have to take drugs to psychedelic dreams. Okay so I guess if I ever became a drinkin' woman I really wouldn't be that good. I can't hold me liquor. The cough medicine I took had 6% alcohol in it and (Tony can attest) I was wasted. Some pretty crazy dreams though.
3. No matter how much I love Tony, he was not cut out to be a mom.
4. My kids need a Mom. After coming out of one of my sick stupors, I heard one of my children (Emma) chanting under her breath "S.E. Johnson, a family company," over and over again. I guess I need to step up and give our babysitter, LaWanda, a.k.a the TV, a break.
But all in all thing worked out well. I was sick over Thanksgiving, which stinks, but was a blessing in disguise because durning my worst sickness, when I was checked out, Tony was off of work and able to be with the kids. So now I'm over being sick, not going to do it any more. It looks fun in the movies, (okay really not) but it's not. Now on to more Christmas-present-getting-readiness and yule tide, and such. :)
2 comments:
I hate that you've been so sick and far away from home so I couldn't help out :( I'm glad you have Tony to take care of you and the kids. Your kids will come out of this fine, too much TV and not enough mom aside, kids are very resilient and will be none the worse for wear when this is all over. But I still wish I could have taken them for a bit and cooked you some food or something. I'm sure we'll see why this had to happen someday down the road and be grateful for it then. Get better and take care of yourself. I hope the mentholatum? helps xoxoxoxo
Oh, so sorry Kira! Feel better soon...and your mom is right about kids being resilient. Plus, at least they are little enough that they won't be repeating allthe crazed, drug-induced things you say while you were "out". Mine seem to find the more inopportune times to mentions thinsg like that.
Post a Comment