So these are the new little beauties we have found running around our house.

Want to puke yet? I sure do.
I have found three of them in the last three weeks...that's plenty enough for me.
The worst part?
Two of the three were on the ceiling until they lost their grip and fell. eeeehhhhhh (shutter)
The red ones are bad enough (we've had a few of those also). But these ones with their nasty, long, hairy legs-gah! And they can move like you've never seen! It takes them about .2 seconds to run across the room! They freak me out!!
When I was 8 or 9 I shared a bedroom with my little brother, Tommy. One summer he caught a horny toad and for some reason, unbeknownst to me, my mother allowed Tommy to keep that lizard in a shoe box in our room! While we owned this "pet" Tommy would go out to a barn behind our house and gather up millipedes and feed them to it. I HATE bugs with many legs. Millipedes are no exception! One night Tommy told me that one of the millipedes had gotten away in our room (a few months ago, Tom told me he was lying about that stupid lost millipede! Just to scary me! Stupid!!). I had nightmares for weeks! I would wake up in the middle of the night and swipe my hand across the bed to get off the ugly bugs that I had so vividly dreamed were in it!
Well, my friends, as a grown woman with three children, these stupid "house centipedes" made me scream and run like a little girl, and brought back some the stupid nightmares. I'm sure Tony thought, 'what is my crazy wife doing letting loose on her pillow and bed?' But I was sure a centipede fell from the ceiling into my bed.
The next day I had my house sprayed. End of story. End of nasty, hairy legged centipedes.
2 comments:
This just might be a deal breaker Kira! I don't know if I can visit a place that has those kind of bugs falling from the ceiling!! CREEPY! I do remember letting Tommy keep his lizard in a box in his room, I also let him keep a rat in his room. Things we do as moms :) i don't remember him catching nasty bugs to feed his lizard though, sorry :(
Those things are creepy. I didn't even know bugs could have that many legs!
Post a Comment