Let me tell you a little bit about genetics. When you take my laidbackness, Tony's I-could-care-less-what-people-think-of-me and throw in a little bit of both of our goofy/awkwardness, you create a perfect storm for this little gem-
That's right, My Luna Lovegood, Emma. I have always called Emma my Luna Lovegood since she was just a wee thing...But I never realized how right I was. A few days ago while riding to Walmart I picked up on Liam and Emma telling jokes to one another. Of course I tuned into their gigglings and chatting right as Emma told this joke
E: Why did the chicken cross the road?
L:Why
E: Because it wanted to get run over by a car...and it's blood come out.
Odd? Morbid? True. and absolutely Hilarious!! I couldn't help it- I bursted out laughing! Where does a three year old come up with these things?
When I helped Emma out of the car she had donned the glasses. I thought she would take them off or something before we got into Walmart, but no. She walked very casually into Walmart, and acted like she wasn't wearing giant bug eye glasses.
The best part about the glasses? They only have two tiny holes you can see out of. So if you talked to her, she would have to swing her head around blindly until she found you in the little peepholes. Hilarious!! We got a few odd looks :)
This is not the first Luna Lovegood moment at the store. A few months ago, we were out shopping and every person that walked by she would casually say "Well hey there, Little Lady." And then walk on. I don't know. I don't know where she gets it from. But I love it!
And finally yesterday I was singing the "Be a Man" song from Mulan. It starts out- "Lets get down to business, to defeat the Huns." I sing the last "to defeat the Huns," and Emma looks at me odd and says, "Tootie feet?" Liam busts up, I figure out that she misheard "to defeat" as "tootie feet," and start laughing, and Emma gets a sly little smile on her face. Oh, man, she keeps me hopping.
The best part about the glasses? They only have two tiny holes you can see out of. So if you talked to her, she would have to swing her head around blindly until she found you in the little peepholes. Hilarious!! We got a few odd looks :)
This is not the first Luna Lovegood moment at the store. A few months ago, we were out shopping and every person that walked by she would casually say "Well hey there, Little Lady." And then walk on. I don't know. I don't know where she gets it from. But I love it!
And finally yesterday I was singing the "Be a Man" song from Mulan. It starts out- "Lets get down to business, to defeat the Huns." I sing the last "to defeat the Huns," and Emma looks at me odd and says, "Tootie feet?" Liam busts up, I figure out that she misheard "to defeat" as "tootie feet," and start laughing, and Emma gets a sly little smile on her face. Oh, man, she keeps me hopping. But it must run in our genetics (or at least the genetics the kids get from Tony and I mixed) because in the same song they sing, "Tranquil as the forest, but on fire with in." And Liam starts giggling and says "Butt on fire!! Wahahaha!"
Genetics...what can I say? Tony and I create Lovegood kids...Looney Liam, Looney Emma- hmmm. I think it has a nice ring to it. :)
I love my Looney Lovegood kids.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh that made me laugh so hard. "tootie feet?" They are so hilarious! So funny :) and you are looking so skinny. Aren't you supposed to be a corn fed midwestern girl now? What's up with that? AND we have been watching Willa Wonka and the chocolate factory (the original) and I think Charlie and Liam look really similar. Have you ever noticed that? Liam is cuter, but they have the same features. I think. Thanks for the smiles this morning :)
Kira---These are awesome! And I am really glad you are laughing with the kids. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment