Friday, October 21, 2011

A little game


Here's a little game for you-
It's a mad lib, of my post. Fill it out first, and lets see how close you get to my real story.

One fine _____(1. season) day I sent the kids out to ______(2. verb) so I could _____(3.verb). When the kids came back they said, "Mom, what's that on our doorstep?" I looked out to see _____(4. number) _________(5. adjective) _____(6. Noun) ______(7. adverb) looking in at me. I couldn't stop _______ing(8.verb). So I grabbed my _______(9.noun) and ________(10.verb) (what else am I suppose to do?) The _______(11. noun), was probably my favorite...although the______(12. adjective) _______(13. noun) was pretty awesome also. I shut the door and prayed that who ever left the ______(same word as #6) would take them away. I did not want them. ______(14. a number) hours later, no such luck. I really didn't want them. Finally _______(15. person(s)) confessed to pulling the ______ (same word as #6) out of the _______(16. noun) and placing them on the back step, in hopes that I would let them keep them. Needless to say the ________(same word as #6) are back in the __________(same word as #16). But it made for a good laugh.
.
.
.
Alright ready for the real story?
.
.
.
I bet your's isn't even close
.
.
.

One fine fall day I sent the kids out to play so I could take a nap. When the kids came back they said, "Mom, what's that on our doorstep?" I looked out to see many ugly stuffed animals creepily looking in at me. I couldn't stop laughing. So I grabbed my camera and took a picture (what else am I suppose to do?) The gremlin, was probably my favorite...although the ninja raccoon was pretty awesome also. I shut the door and prayed that who ever left the creepy animals would take them away. I did not want them. 4 hours later, no such luck. I really didn't want them. Finally the kids confessed to pulling the animals out of the dumpster and placing them on the back step, in hopes that I would let them keep them. Needless to say the nasty little things are back in the dumpster. But it made for a good laugh.


and yes, the gremlin is being propped up by a stick. That's just how awesome my kids are... :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I think I just peed a little from laughing so hard.

Chantal Marie said...

Dumpster divers huh? Is that a generic trait? It's gotta be genetic.

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

ah ah ah! that is so great! your kids are awesome and I love how you putt them back in the dumpster.

sisterwendy said...

I agree with Chantal! I think they got it from your dad (and you :) I put the word "cats" in most of those blanks, so see, you have something to be thankful for :D

Sunshine said...

Just look what you are teaching your kids! lol Dumpster Diving! Oh my goodness. I especially loved the Gremlin with the stick up his back. You certainly do have creative kids.