Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dirt biking 101

So I should be downstairs cleaning my stinking house (literally stinking, darn broccoli soup), and doing laundry, and writing out a shopping list, buuut-I'm not. Because updating my blog it much more important...and a whole lot less...cleaning-y.
One of the deals when we went to Utah was that Tony would agree to go, as long as he got to see Bryan (ridiculous, I know). Bryan lives in northern California, so we toyed around with ideas of driving to Utah and flying Tony to Cali. And then Bryan informed us that he was going to Utah the first part of August. Tony hoped on board, and I got an extra 2-ish weeks that I got to stay in Utah (YAHOO!!). When Bryan came out he brought his dirt bikes, which Tony and Bryan rode every day they were together, and which they wanted me to try.
So here I am, looking adorably attractive in my dirt bike get up.
I rode the bike for about 15 minutes, lost control many times, crashed once, then got frustrated, cried, and made Stevie ride the bike the rest of the time while I rode on the four wheeler with Sierra :). (Just for clarification ((and to boost my ego)) I did go out with Tony and Bryan one other time, practiced, and learned to ride like a pro...ahem.)
Even though I gave up on the bike...and cried...we still had an awesome time. Here's Tony and Bryan's tough, manly shadows.
The boys got a wee bit frustrated with us girls...I don't know why...
Did you hear Bryan say "Five minutes? More like 15"?! What a punk ;)
We were a bit faster on the way down...I basically am going to enter into the next four wheeler race I come across.

1 comment:

Chantal Marie said...

I admire your efforts. I've seen you try to drive a manual transmition car so I'm sure the bike was a challenge. :) next time you should ride my bike. It's little and less intimidating.