Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Iowa City

Yesterday (Labor day) we decided to head to Iowa city to check it out. It was a beautiful day, the sky was so blue with puffy, white clouds that I wondered went we would run into the wall they were painted on :).
We also stopped at the "World's Largest Truckstop" (or so they claim). It's only about 5-10 minutes outside of Davenport. I know you are all jealous. :)
We saw the Hawkeye stadium, once again I know your jealous. I was told before I came out here by a native Iowan that the only phrase I had to learn to fit it was, "Go Hawkeyes!!" He was so right. Although I have yet to buy my yellow and black jersey shirt...I still get weird looks when I go to the grocery store, on game days, without it. Needless to say, it is on my Christmas list.
When we arrived in Iowa city we were starving, so we stopped at a BBQ joint called Bandana's. It was "eh"... Texas road house beats it out, but at least we all looked cute, right?




Afterwords we went to a super cool outdoor shopping area that had tons of shops, a huge playground, and fountain.







All in all it was a successful, fun trip to somewhere we've never been before. Hooray!

2 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Great photo of you. So cute, love your hair. Looks like one fantastic time. Yellow and black, yuck! Just kidding.

Hope you didn't run into a wall just to find out your whole life was staged. That would be terrible...

Chantal Marie said...

I'm just gonna throw this out there but I'm guessing it was Kevin Aird that told you about that little phrase? Is it getting cold there already? You're all in long sleeves and jackets! Yuck! ... I mean... Not that your clothes are yuck... Your clothes are lovely... The cold weather is yuck.