Thursday, September 29, 2011

Marshmallow Village

So I don't know if you read my fb post today but it read:
"Today I drove home being chased by an army of marshmallow people, who kept putting roadblocks of cars in our way, which Emma had to move with her mind power. All in all, a pretty suspenseful day. Good thing I've learned to drive like 007."
All of which was true (especially the 007 part, I've got mad skills). We have a giant white bubble building in Davenport. Its a huge indoor golfing range. It has been graciously named "the marshmallow place" by my children, who point it out every time we drive by it. A few months after it was named "the marshmallow place" a story began to develop about the joint and the marshmallow creatures that live inside including, marshmallow people, dogs, cats, fish (that live in cold chocolate (not hot or they would melt)), and so forth. They also all have marshmallow houses, and sleep on giant marshmallow beds.
I love when my kids use their imaginations like that, so I ran with it (perhaps a little too far) and today we where chased by a marshmallow army, who were angry because we ate some of their marshmallow babies (they were delicious).
Then after Liam got home we decided to make our own marshmallow men, and their houses.
Okay, so most of us decided to make our own. Fox just ate more of their marshmallow babies.


Kira's
Liam's (complete with marshmallow bird)
Emma's (complete with...spikes?)


Marshmallow village
Oh the joy that marshmallows, toothpicks and poptarts can give to one family...

5 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

So fun!! Those are some amazing marshmallow people. :)

Chantal Marie said...

And here I was thinking I was the only enemy to the marshmallow people. Those babies are irresistible!

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

wow! that is freakin' awesome. We may just need to copy you. My favorite was Emma's.

sisterwendy said...

Love the imagination power going on here! I would be right there with Fox eating all the marshmallow body parts I could get into my mouth! Tell the kids I LOVE their village and people. too cute

Sunshine said...

you are such a wonderful momma. What a fun and cute idea! I'm gonna have to share this with Jess' kids they are always begging for marshmallows!