Monday, April 11, 2011

A dumpster miracle

Remember this post, where I told you of my secret yet awesome new ninja skill of dumpster diving? You know the one where I got a beautiful head and foot board for my bed? Yeah. And do you remember how I told you I tried to salvage a dumpster-dived couch but it smelled to sickly of smoke? Well after we, sadly, took the couch back out to it's pitiful ending by the dumpster, we checked a few hours later and the couch was gone. We were hopeful that some one else would have success with cleaning it and the beautiful couch would find a happy new home. Well, come to find out it was my friend who helped me find the couch in the first place. Her husband does maintenance and cleaning for a living and couldn't let the couch's smell beat him without taking a hit on his pride ;). So a few months, and much washing and airing out, later, look whose back with our happy family.
That's right, this is the beautiful couch that was out by the dumpster. Dumpster diving pays off I tell ya.
And what of our old awesome, burnt orange couch?


Well it's still in our living room, but being used as a fort.
While I await the day we find a truck and get the darn thing out of here. (Our awesome home teacher is helping us take it out tonight! I think)
Aw, all is well that ends well in stories of happy dumpster dived couches.


Oh, and check out my sisters awesome craft blog for MY newest crafting creation. You'll be impressed...I promise ;)


4 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

what a fantastic friend to do that for you! It looks great and I can see it matches your love seat! Score!

sisterwendy said...

What a great couch! You know, you can have anything you want as long as you don't care who owned it first :) (a wise BYU professor taught me that:) that's why DI and yard sales are so brilliant! I bet Sierra wished she could get that orange couch from you! She always loved it! xoxoxox

Sierra said...

not the orange couch!!! ha ha

sisterwendy said...

oh, btw- I LOVE your printed blocks :)