I don't know if you've heard, but this year in Davenport, they are expecting record flooding.
They've been filling sand bags for the last couple of weeks, to prepare for such a catastrophe.
They expect the Mississippi to leave her banks and crawl up the shores
Affecting houses
And roads.
As I was reading one of the flood warning sites it said,
If you come across a flooded road, turn around and find an alternate route
And then ended with the catch phrase, "turn around, don't drown!"
I don't know who's coming up with their catch phrases, but
I think they should get a raise for that little gem.
The flooding has begun, and it could be devastating
but it sure made for one fun, warm, Saturday afternoon.
On a side note: It started out as a "We'll just dip our feet in it," and ended up with children riding in the car home in only underwear. Now thats what I call a good afternoon. :)
3 comments:
That's a little creepy but I must admit the tag line is the coolest. Looks like a blast. Hope the flood stays far away from you though!
I'm a bit jealous of your wading in the water weather! We are getting tons of rain too, but it is in the form of stinking snow! Please if you see water on the roads, find an alternate route! :)
i like fox's little legs:) and i never thought i would see the day when tony got mad at someone for splashing. haha
Post a Comment