L: Mom, Dad bought some stuff for the car (holding up a bottle of car wax that was in the back).
K:Oh yeah? What is it?
L: I don't know, car insurance or something (I didn't understand this comment until today when we were watching tv and a "progressive" commercial came on. He pointed out the "boxes" of car insurance for sale)
*a little while later*
L: Mom how big is the world?
K: Pretty big.
L: Bigger than a giant?
K:...yep...
L: Bigger than a REALLY BIG bug? (I don't know why we are comparing to things that don't exist but...)
K:...yep...
L: Bigger than everything?
K: Well, not bigger than everything. The universe is bigger.
L: (after thinking for a moment) Mom, if we got in a ship, our favorite rocket ship (little Einsteins), could we go into the universe?
K: Yep
L: Well, lets do that Mom!!
K: Well, Liam, we can't do that. Not everyone can do that.
L: But I want to.
K: Well then you have to become an astronaut.
L: What's that?
K: Someone one who goes into space.
L: Why?
K: To study it.
L: How do I be one?
K: Well, go to school and start learning about outer space, and then one day when you go to college you can study astronomics (I don't even know that thats the right thing to study...or if it's even a word...I just wanted to impress Liam. Why do I want to impress a 5 year old with my fake wordage? I don't even know. But it sounded like a good idea at the time :D) and then you can be an astronaut and go into the universe.
L: oh, okay.
At least it ended about going to school...that's good right? Mission accomplished ;)
PS. I just googled "Astronomics" turns out it is about astronomy and outer space. Looks like I'm smarter than I think. ;)
2 comments:
I'd make up cool words too. I still haven't taken Mallory back to school shopping. It's mandatory that she has a backpack (why for a 3 year old I do not know) and she needs new shoes for those growing fee of hers. She asked me the other day why we can't see her grow. Kids think way to much. :)
Liam is such a thinking man :) I can't wait to see what he grows up to be! Maybe astronomics will be in his future?! who knows? look what the Playstation did for Brad :) Little Einsteins might lead him somewhere cool! (or maybe Tom and Jerry will influence him?) xoxoxo
Post a Comment