Spring break started today.
As soon as I got up, Liam said to me "Mom, I made a list of the best day ever!" Then ran to get the list. I immediately started to think of ways to let him down easy about how, even though it would be the best day ever, we couldn't just up and go to Disneyland, or even Monkey Joe's (a bounce house), and how we probably wouldn't be able to get the toy that would make it the best day ever...
I had all my explanations and excuses ready when he got back back with his list written on my girly, butterfly, "to-do list". Here's what is said (don't worry there is a translation below...he had to read it to me...sometimes he gets a little excited when he writes ;)):
-Get dressed.
-Play pirates. "We already played pirates this morning."
-Karate. "Emma doesn't really want to do Karate, so we changed that one to 'rides'."
-Play soccer.
-Play soccer.
-Take a nap.
-Eat lunch. "I wrote take a nap before eat lunch, so then I switched them" (said with a sly smile)
-Go outside.
-Play monkey's.
-Stand in the sun. (love!)
-Eat dinner.
-Go to sleep.
I'm pretty sure we can make this best day ever happen :)
4 comments:
He is the best kid ever! Don't let him change. Love everything thing on the list (except he left off- call grandma ;) Hope he does have the best day ever. Give him and the rest of your monkeys a hug/kiss from me. xoxoxoxo
"play soccer" ... Well done son. Well done.
What a child, I never realized how totally BLUE he is!! That really does sound like the best day ever. Give the munchkins hugs from Grandma.
That is the best day ever!
Post a Comment