Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's winter!?

It's snowing right now. Big ol' fat flakes of snow.

This morning Emma got out of the bath tub and I started to get her dressed when she saw the sweater I had for her.
"I get to wear my sweater?!"
I said, "Yeah, because it's cold outside. It's snowing."
Getting all excited she exclaimed, "It's winter!?"
"um, yep."
"I didn't know it was winter already!"
"uh-huh"
"Do we still have our Christmas tree?!"
"No, we still have to have Thanksgiving."
"But I didn't know it was Christmas!"

I gave up.

When I told Tony he said, "Great. We are going to have a kid that gets just as excited about Christmas as you do."
He's a little bit weary about it because a few nights ago I couldn't sleep because I was so excited about Christmas. It's a ways away. I know. I just can't help myself.

Then as she was looking out our back window at our cars she said, "Mom! We need to shave our cars! They have snow all over them!"

Man, I love this time of year. And kids that get excited about it like I do. :)


1 comment:

sisterwendy said...

I miss that girl! This is a great time of year with kids! Enjoy every second, sure goes by fast. xoxoxo