Thursday, December 26, 2013

My something beautiful


Emma was asked to write a story about her "something beautiful." This is what she came home with:

"My something beautiful is my baby brother. Because he is sweet. I love him and he loves me. He makes me feel sweet too. He is beautiful because he shines. His name is Ander. I care for him. I be really careful when I hold him. I give him baby leaves."

I read the last part as baby loves when I read it out loud to her and she said, "no. Its I give him baby leaves, remember?" It's true. One day when she came home from school she walked in and gave Ander a tiny leaf. It's things like this that make being a mom all worth while.

(The picture is of Emma holding Ander while sitting on our couch)

2 comments:

sisterwendy said...

Oh my goodness. That was awesome. "He is beautiful because he shines" is so true. Those newborns do shine. What a wonderful tribute to Ander and to Emma xoxoxoxo

Lisa Summerhays said...

so sweet.