I miss being pregnant in Utah. Mostly because in Utah when your pregnant with your fourth you don't have people that say things like, "Are you crazy!?" or "Bless you, you brave, brave soul." Because really, no matter how good the intent, those comments don't really make a 4th-baby pregnant woman feel better.
In Utah when your pregnant with your fourth you have people say things like, "Number 4? You wait until #9, that's when things start to get really crazy." Or at least I imagine that's what they say... :) Because everybody has had four kids in Utah, and if they haven't they're the minority. (Okay, so I may be making half of these things up, but it's making me feel a little bit better. ;) )
I had a Mom at our elementary school (who didn't know I was pregnant) say to me today,
"Is that your oldest?" Pointing to Liam.
"Yep"
"You have three? Three's a good number."
I didn't have the guts to tell her that four is a good number too. Because in Iowa, three is abnormal. One or two is normal, three is abnormal, and four is crazy.
Ah, it's going to be so fun to see what people say to me when I have an unmistakable pregnant belly and three kids in tow. Yippie?
But really I'm super excited for four. They just keep getting better and better and funner and funner.
2 comments:
Having only two in Utah is a little hard, I must admit. People must figure I have been having some infertility for the last nearly 16 years. don't worry about what other people say, or think. You are a fantastic mom--to ALL your kids, regardless of the number. And plus, they are so cute, how could you NOT want more?!? But I thin I have to agree with the "bless you, you brave, brave soul" comment--but that goes fro any woman who is preggers...you've got to be brave to be a mom.
Just thinking of juggling three seems a bit overwhelming to me. But I'm not you. You're a Super Mom. You have (will have) four super lucky kids...even if those crazy Iowians don't understand that.
Here in Utah you just get asked, "when are you having another baby?" when your baby turns one. Ridiculous. And when infertility is an issue those questions are crushing.
Shauna is right, you've got to be brave to be a mom.
Post a Comment