Friday, September 10, 2010

To my children

Dear children,
As I look back over the few years that me and your Dad have been married I want to let you know about something. When you are married you are going to fight. You'll fight, and you'll fight again. You'll fight about money. You'll fight about who's responsible for what. You'll fight about sex. You'll fight about dumb decisions. You'll fight about uncertainties in life. You'll fight about your kids. You'll fight about your parents and in-laws.
It just happens. And you'll be mad. No, you'll be furious. You'll want to punch something. You'll want to scream. You'll want to cry. And you'll want to be right. It's hard to admit when you are wrong.
But kids, here's my advice. Know that no matter who you marry, you'll fight. But marry someone that no matter how mad you get, you'll still want to come home to them. No matter how much you dislike them, you still love them. And know that. Know that you love them, no matter how bad it gets. If you know that-you'll be fine.
And if you forget, pray, and your father in heaven will help you remember.
I love you, and hope that you have lots of good, character/love building fights with the person you want to be with forever. I know I have. And I still love him-forever.
Love, Your Mom

1 comment:

sisterwendy said...

Such good advice. Every person in any relationship should hear this. It's a little bit of sad advice though, I hope all is well.?