I was furious!! And for those of you who know me you know that any strong emotion is attached to my tear ducts, luckily I held off the actual down pour of tears until I was off the phone. After arguing with the woman for a while and a few more, "Oh, my God"'s I finally got the last payment of $19.95 refunded directly back into my account (well, at least supposedly, I have yet to actually receive it). I then told her that I was going to report them to the better business bureau and she replied snottily "That's fine, Mam" I could have punched her.
So I did....not punch her (I'm too much of a wuss for that...not to mention she was hundreds of miles away) I went to the bbb website and left my frustrations. Hopefully I will see something happen from it.
I was slightly nervous to tell Tony that I had wasted $100 of our money the past six months. When I did tell him he listened to my crying complaints, gave some helpful advice, and then added, my personal favorite, "and then we could kick them in the 'nards.'"
I sure love my husband. :)
If you were wondering the website, it's discountbooksales.com. It looks like an awesome deal, $5 off your first purchase and free shipping! I originally thought I bought the book for $1.25! Awesome right? But now I know I really bought the book for the fantastic price of $101.25... pretty costly book. I hope Mags enjoyed it ;) Happy $101.25 Birthday to him. :D
So if you are thinking of buying an awesomely priced book from discountbooksales.com...don't do it!! 'Cause it'll cost you way more then you bargained for.
4 comments:
I am SOOOOO sorry this happened! I think we've all done something that appeared to look like a good deal and turned out to cost you more than you expected. It still hurts though :( I'm glad Tony took it well and gave some excellent advice :) What a crappy CS lady! I'll smack her for you if I ever see her :) And I'm proud of you for holding it together until you got it worked out! I know how hard that can be xoxoxoxox
I tried to do that too, remember! Glad it told me it couldn't verify my credit card. So sorry Kir! What a craptastic lady. Guess you have to be a lowlife to work for a company that scams people.
i agree with lisa. anyone who can scam people and their own customers like that has to be scum!
You will be happy to know that he does like that book. We even read it tonight. Worth every cent.
Post a Comment