Happy Independence Day everyone! We had a great day yesterday to celebrate the birth of our country. We went to three different states, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin, and saw lot of fun things. We first went to Galena IL. Its a beautiful place! It has the home of President Ulysses S. Grant. We just happened upon a park were their were men and women dressed in Revolutionary war gear, doing reenactments! It was awesome!
The kids and I with the actors
Liam holding the gun. (YIKES)
Liam as the "new recruit" (YIKES again!)
Did I mention it was all over the Mississippi River? AWESOME!!
We set up the trunk of our car so the kids could play in it and have a little bit of shade. It was hot.
Is it a bird?
Or a plane?
No! Its a Golden Knight Parachuter!!
The one jet that silent until it passes you and then it blows your ear drums
(Tony could tell you what it is called, I have no idea :))
Emma chillen in the trunk
What a hansom boy!!
Awesome planes that did awesome synchronized tricks...but I still don't know what they are called
Liam's favorite part were his glow sticks. He used them as ninja swords.
The fireworks show was huge!! It lasted 46 minutes, nonstop to music! And the grand finally was so intense that I can still see the spots in front of my eyes :). Seriously, don't you remember the days when you use to be able to eat a hamburger, run home and go to the bathroom, and have a whole conversation in between each firework going off? And they only did one firework at a time, except for the grand finally when they did like six at one time, and you thought it was so cool you went home a bragged to your friends from a different city about how your city had a fantastic grand finally. My kids are so spoiled, they have never seen a firework show that was not set to music, and had a ridiculously large amount of fireworks. But it was really cool. :)
1 comment:
It looks like you had an amazing 4th! The Revolutionary soldiers were cool! Liam with the hat on cracked me up :) I can't believe you're that close to the Mississippi! With airshows right over it! I loved seeing Emma asleep in the trunk while the boys just sat next to her looking a bit hot! So crazy to think you were extra warm while we were wrapped in coats and blankets! I sure miss you ! But so glad I can feel apart of your 4th through your blog. xoxoxxo
Post a Comment