Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Ode to Utah

Warning: this post contains mild to sever levels of venting and whining.

Dear Utah, how do I love thee, let me count the ways...

But really, Tony leaves in six days, counting today, and all of our stuff with him...SIX DAYS! It kinda sneaked up on me. Yesterday I was thinking, 'oh I have all this time' and today, WHAM-BAM! it hit me, in six days I will be living out of a suit case for at least a month. We finally got an apartment but it doesn't open until April 15th, so Tony is leaving for Iowa on Monday and going to live with a friend out there and find a job, and then me and the kids are going to come out when the apartment opens.
Am I having mild to sever anxiety?...yes, yes I am. Have I been procrastinating pack what I need to pack?...oh, undoubtly (which is not really a word, but I like it :)). And now all of a sudden is Utah seeming more pleasant, beautiful, and reminding me of all my childhood days?...why yes, yes it is.
The last two days, walking home after taking Liam to school, it has suddenly felt and smelled like camping. You know when you go camping and waking up in the wee morning hours, when its still pretty darn cold, but refreshing and it smells...I don't know, clean, earthy, mountainy? That is how the last two days have been. And although most everything is still dead from winter, little buds of grass and leaves are starting to appear...
UTAH!! Why must you torture me!?! Can't you remain dead until I leave? Then maybe leaving wouldn't be so hard (I doubt it, but I have to blame something! :)).
I love this time of year. When everything is new, and starts to live. Thanks Utah, for being so darn. stinkin'. pretty.

3 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Oh but luckly for you now you get to see a little bit of Utah's spring and Iowa's spring as well.

Lisa Summerhays said...

*Wallowing in my own self pity.* I shall start saving money to come visit you asap!

Sara said...

Oh Kira! I'm not jealous. I don't know what I would do...the good news. Sometimes I think it would be SO good for us to move away. Just think how much closer you'll become as your own little family.