Wednesday, January 13, 2010
To Boot or not to Boot
I recieved a notice last week in Liam's "Wednesday folder" that said all of the children in his preschool class were being retested and that if they scored to high they would be "exited" out of the class to allow children who didn't score so high into the class. (Yes, they boot the smart ones to make way for the dumb ones.) I started having a little bit of a panic attack. I like my three hours everyday with only two kids. It's when I can go shopping and not feel like one of those crazy moms dragging around twenty kicking and screaming kids, and when I can give Emma extra attention. Plus, now that Liam goes to school he gets extra bored and crazy on his days off, like he's not quite sure what to do with himself. So for the past week I have dreaded today when I would get new if Liam was too smart to continue or too dumb and had to stay in. Either way I knew I wasn't going to like the news. I went and picked Liam up from school, grabbed his "Wednesday folder," and pulled out the green paper with the verdict on it. It said congratulations! Liam had learned all the curriculum that Pre-K requires. But that Liam could stay in the class, if it was my wish, because the class was not all the way full!! Yahoo!! Best of both worlds. I quickly X'd the "Yes, I would like my child to continue in this class" box, and shoved it back in his bag to take to school tomorrow. Liam is going to have enough change when we move to Iowa in a few months, thank goodness he got to stay in his class with all of his friends!! Yahoo!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment