Friday, January 22, 2010

Davenport- a new Adventure

Here it is! Wonderful Davenport Iowa (I'm trying to be optimistic :) ) where we will be moving mid-March. And Yes, that is the Mississippi River. Davenport has a gigantic bridge going over it linking the city to the other "quad cities" (Bettendorf, Moline, West Moline, Davenport, and Rock Island...yes there are 5 cities in the "quad cities") I have had a difficult time preparing myself mentally for the move, but I think I'm getting closer to being prepared...I don't know that I will ever be fully prepared, but I'm getting closer.

fr250.png (422×359)

It is about 1,260 miles between PG and Davenport, about 18-19 hours. But we are going to do it so Tony can go here
The first chiropractic school in the world in Davenport, Iowa
Palmer Chiropractic, and become and chiropractor. I'm so excited that Tony is going to school, not so excited that its half way across the country :) . The cool part is that the Nauvoo temple
will be the temple that we attend and we will be close to all the other historic church sites. Also we will be right by the John Deere tractor factory!! So Sierra will be excited.
It'll be a new adventure and we are excited, so if you are planning a trip back that way look us up and come visit!!

4 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Kira you will love it! I am so jelouse. I have been on several family vaction their and just love it. The Navoou temple is amazing and there is so many fun things to do so close buy. It will be a great advanture I am sure of it.

Kira Dee said...

Thanks Kristi!! I'm sure it will be fun. I'm just nervous but trying to have a good attitude. :)

sisterwendy said...

Can't wait to come and see all the sites in the area! You'd better get a BIG apartment to fit us all when we invade :)

Lisa Summerhays said...

Mallory will miss her buddies and I'll miss mine but we'll come to visit too.