Really. I have a nine year old. Can you believe it? We threw Liam a "late night" birthday party. It's like a sleepover except without the whole sleeping over thing. We had guests come from 7-9:30 pm. It was fun and crazy and loud and...crazy. And I'm super glad it wasn't a sleepover because I'm pretty sure no one would have slept. Liam wanted to invite his school friends which was a first for me. I'm use to having church friends, where I know the parents, ect, but I'm super glad we did it this way. It was fun to see Liam with his school friends and for me to realize that he's such a great kid and that he always chooses amazing friends. Although they were all a bit crazy, they were polite, friendly, kind, happy, and just over all good and I loved interacting with them.
We had pizza and treats (including a 'smores cake that didn't even get cut because everyone got so full on the other stuff!) while we watched a movie and then the kids got glow sticks and went out to play night games. They have yet to learn the excellent skill of night games like me and my friends had growing up ;), but it was a fun and silly night.
Every picture of Liam and his friends is blurry. Mostly because they never held still. Like I said it was crazy! But we are grateful Lyra, Luke, Amari, Joey and Kual could come celebrate with us!
Happy birthday Liam! Just like your shirt says, you are growing into one of the best people I know! I'm so happy you're mine. Forever my baby boy. :)






1 comment:
ugh. This post makes me feel old. I feel like I should be the one having late nights and playing night games. Do you think Liam could invite me next year?
Happy Birthday Liam!
Post a Comment