Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Weather

Let me say something. The weather in Iowa is CRAZY!! One minute it'll be cold, the next super hot and humid, then the next its pouring rain and golfball sized hail. Just like yesterday. 





It makes for some full rivers and cool pictures though.


I wouldn't mind the crazy weather as much if it didn't bring tornados with it. A few days ago (Mother's Day maybe? 11:00pm-ish) Tony was at work, the kids were in bed, and I was watching a show on tv, when all of a sudden a huge thunder crash shook the house and rain started pouring. Then the tornado siren went off,  and Tony called and told me to head downstairs all with in a matter of minutes. I woke the older kids, grabbed Ander from his crib and we all headed downstairs into the storage room that has no windows. Luckily nothing happened and we were able to get them back into bed a half an hour or so later. But the warm weather storms sure make me a little nervous.

No comments: