Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spring!

I walked Liam to school today (Emma is home sick), and do you know what this morning felt like? It felt like spring. The kind of feeling that make you want to jump up and down and almost gives you chills! I'm so excited. Actually, the last couple of days have been fantastic and sunny and its been great! Our t.v. has been turned off. The heater no longer runs 24/7. I don't get begged to play electronics all day because my kids are all outside when they are home. It's fantastic! 


I came out one afternoon and found them surrounding this giant pile of worms that they'd dug up. After they had their fun with the worms they put them in our "garden" (a little square of ground that the church behind our house is letting us use this year for a little garden!! Yippee!). Unfortunately, not all the worms survived. But, don't worry, Fox cleaned out the dead ones. He told me. 


A few days ago Fox ran in from being outside asking for Emma. I told him she was in the bathroom, but she would be out in a minute. He showed me a small white flower he had picked for her and then whispered, "I'm gonna hide it." He tucked it behind his back then waited for Emma to come. She kind of smiled when he gave it to him, but didn't make a big deal out of it, but he didn't care, he did what he had come to do, so he smiled and ran back out the door. Things like that melt my heart! The fact that he found a flower and thought of Emma makes me very happy. A few minutes later he ran in and handed me another flower he picked. Being a mom's the best. 


 Yesterday the kids did a lemonade stand. It was stinking hot (like 85), so even though the lemonade seemed a little pricey to me, it still sold like hotcakes. I don't know what the kids are going to do when we move away from our prime lemonade/whatever-else stand real estate. Seriously, we have so many college students walking to school, and enough traffic to keep cars coming by, but still seem like a quiet street, they made $24 in 2 1/2 hours. That's a lot. I remember doing lemonade stands and making like 75 cents. Even on the super busy road that I grew up on. It's going to be a rude awakening when we move. (I love Emma's sign, btw. It makes me happy)




And heres a few pictures of this darling boy just for good measure. Life is good right now.





3 comments:

Chantal Marie said...

I love Anders come-over. Ha! My kids are totally bummed cause we literally have no where to dig for worms. They keep trying to dig up the wood chips next to the house but apparently worms don't live in wood.

Lisa Summerhays said...

24 dollars!?! That is a lot. I'm not sure we use to even make 75 cents! Good work Liam and Emma!!

Sunshine said...

Just played catch up myself and read all the blogs I've not read before. Loved it! Ander is so big and cute I can hardly stand it. Liam and Emma are quite the entrepreneurs. $24 is a lot of money to make off of a lemonade stand. Loved all the pictures and all the fun things you wrote about. Love and miss you all so much.