It's 2014. That's crazy, hu?
Looking back at 2013...I'm glad it's over. It was a hard year for me. I'd venture to say that it was one of the hardest year yet for me. Especially the beginning of the year. But it was also one of the most rewarding years. Because of it being one of the hardest years I feel like I've learned what I need to learn, grown from it and been able to move on. We had Mr. Moo #4 (that's Ander) join our family and now I can't imagine life without him. And I've had several experiences, especially in the last couple months, that remind me just how much Heavenly Father knows me and is watching over me. So even though it was a hard year, it was a needed year.
I often go back and read through my posts to see what was happening years before. This morning I read through the January 2013 posts, specifically the one on goals. It was interesting to read last years goals. To see how I did on them, the ones I still need to work on, the ones I've accomplished, and the ones that really don't matter to me anymore. Weird how time changes what's important and what's not.
This year I've got a few "New Year's" goals also, but they are vastly different from last year. Mostly because I've discovered I go over my goals often, apply new ones and get rid of the ones that don't matter. So this year I've set two/three very simple goals, then throughout the year I know I'll add and change many "sub-goals".
My two main goals are to make my bed and to take my vitamins everyday. That's it. But for those who know my vitamin taking habits and how much I HATE swallowing pills...maybe this is a bigger goal than I thought. ;) My last goal is less of goal and more of a motto for 2014, or something to help in my decision-making. This year I want to focus less on "stuff" and more on experiences. To give my family and myself less stuff and more experiences.
Ah, 2014. You are going to be crazy and hopefully good. This year is Tony's and my tenth anniversary! This year we have four kids. Crazy. This is the year that Tony will graduate with his BS. This is the year (or shortly after) we will discover where we will be going next, with school, with moving, and generally in life.
Oh, 2014, be good to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment