So I've made this argument to Tony several times. As of yet, it has not taken, but I'm still trying.
I will cook, clean, do dishes, vacuum, dust, take care of kids, do the bills, straighten rooms, sweep, mop, clean out the fridge and cupboards, shovel the driveway, clean the car, and anything else I can think of, if he will just do the laundry and clean the bathroom. That's it!
I despise those two chores more than any other chore I can think of. I hate, hate, HATE laundry especially. I keep trying to talk myself into the fact that laundry will be fun! I can just sit there and watch tv while folding endless amounts of clothes--but it never works out that way. So, usually, at least two loads of clean laundry sits in a basket, or the dryer, downstairs and I say things like, "I think you have clean underwear down in the dryer..." Really, it's not working.
And having two boys under the age of eight makes for a nasty clean up when it comes to the toilet. Put on top of that the fact that my kids can't seem to manage to spit their toothpaste spittle into the sink, but instead it ends up on the counter, floor, or occasionally bathtub (what the?!), it makes for one, unhappy, bathroom-cleaning mama.
But I think that my trade off with Tony is completely fair. Now if I could just make him believe that.
As I'm writing this, my house looks as if there have been several large explosions of clothes toys and books...so perhaps I should start doing the cooking, cleaning, ect. and then maybe he'll believe me ;)
4 comments:
I tend to dislik those jobs as well. I am not looking forward to the boy bathroom mess. Maybe Ill just keep Pep in diapers forever? Eventually he will be able to change them on his own, right??
I hate to clean bathrooms too, but the laundry~ I enjoy! It's the few minutes in the day I can spend by myself in my bedroom :)
I love to do the laundry. I is an instant reward. Put it in and it comes out clean. The bathroom on the other hand, YUCK!
Post a Comment