Friday, November 9, 2012

Today's post...for real

Honestly. I just did 7 blog posts. 8 counting this one. And I'm tired of sitting at the computer. Buuuut-I do believe I am all caught up! Including pictures off of phones! Which let's admit it, lately 90% of my pictures have been on my phone. That may have something to do with the fact that I can't find my camera battery charger (hmmm, where is that?), and the fact that our camera is old and has been dropped enough that it's on the fritz. Tony's phone takes better pictures than the camera anyways. Now if I can just talk Tony into switching me phones... Any who, if you want to see what our last 3 months where like in a mostly picture montage than scroll down. If you don't and you don't care about what's going on with us, then stop reading...right now. :)

I think my kids are a little too excited for Christmas. They have spent all day today (they don't have school today) making each other presents, or getting something they already own and wrapping them for someone else. I keep trying to tell them that Christmas is still a ways away but I guess my previous comments of "Christmas isn't too far away"/"Christmas is coming soon" has cancelled that out. Oops. So now I have a pile of crudely (but so dang cute) wrapped presents sitting on our printer with no Christmas tree to put them under yet. 

Fox got into the nutella: "I a chocolate ghost. OOOooooOOOoo!" Luckily I was in a good mood that morning, so I grabbed the camera and not...well something else.

Tony has been running like crazy lately. Last month he got a job as a CNA at "Bickford Assisted Living." We are very excited, but between work and school and homework and craziness, he is constantly going. But I guess we should have expected that.


I am doing...okay. I hate moving. I hate making new friends (haha, that sounds horrible, right?). I hate taking 9 months to a year to feel like you fit in. And I hate the depletion of money that moving takes. We really live in a very nice place, with fantastic people! And I love the friends that we have made. But I'm more home sick than I think I have been yet with living in Iowa. I'm even home sick for Davenport. But it'll get better. I know it will. And the kids love it here. I just need to buck up, I guess. So that's what I'm going to do. Let's start over-
 I'm doing great! The move has been hard, but we live in an excellent town with fantastic people! We have made great friends and although money is tight we are finding fun things to do!   


Sorry for that drama. I don't know where that came from. Oh, well. Looks like my blogging time is over. I just heard Tony say (to the kids), "We need to go and get our machete and chop our pumpkins." To which they all cheered. That's a normal occurrence/saying in every household, right? And hooray for being caught up on blogging. Maybe now you'll get posts that are not 3 months behind. Maybe.

3 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Haha I love all of your post.

Chantal Marie said...

Pretty sure they got the overly-excited-for-christmas thing from you... Just saying. Maybe you can blame it on genetics?

Jesse and Julie said...

Love all the posts too! Your family is SO cute and fun. ;)