Wednesday, April 18, 2012

1/2 way there

Can I take this opportunity to brag for a minute?

1.My husband is awesome. Possibly the coolest guy I know. He's doing fantastic in school and is getting rockin'-sockin'-robots on his grades! A few months ago he got accepted to University of Iowa (one of the top schools in the nation). It's still pending on if he is going or not (pending on residency. Can you believe we've lived here 2 years and they don't want to give us residency?), but it's still a huge accomplishment. I'm ridiculously proud.

2. We are half way done with school. Wahoo! I love Iowa, but sometimes (especially right now, when we have a trip planned and are so close to going to Utah) I just want to go home. I miss my family. I miss those darn little nieces and nephew I can hear in the background when I call home. But we are half way. Half way.

3. I'm so proud of Tony. (I know. Again? Right?) He's made this huge step (school) in his life when some people would think they are too old or have too many kids, or whatever. He is doing it. We are doing it. We sacrifice a lot. But we are doing it, and we are happy.

4. (Nothing to do with school) I started a new exercise program (insanity). It's killing me...but I love it. And my feet hurt. Not like, 'oh, I've been walking or standing on my feet too long', but like the muscles in my feet hurt...like "building new muscle" sore. Ever had anything like that before? The rest of my body hurts too, I've just never had my feet muscles be sore before. I told Tony I'm going to have extremely attractive and toned feet when I'm done. I think he liked that...

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

LOL Kira you are such a nut!! You just make me laugh. And yes I am very proud of your husband too!

Sunshine said...

LOL Kira you are such a nut!! You just make me laugh. And yes I am very proud of your husband too!

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

your feet! that is crazy! Tony I am so proud of you. Woot woot!

Chantal Marie said...

We have about a year and a half left of school... Wont it be amazing when school is done? except the part where andrew is talking about going back for either his MBA or a bachelors in engineering. yikes. Is it bad that I am totally ok with him stopping at one bachelors degree?
P.S. Did insanity for a while. I enjoyed it too... no weird feet things going on for me though. you're odd.

the fowlers said...

you would think they would take whoever they could get in IOWA! ha.

what a great family you have. good luck on the insanity! i hear it really is crazy!

Lisa Summerhays said...

I get sore feet all the time working out. It's in the arches. Is that what is hurting? Maybe it's a genetic thing. :)

I want you home too.