Thursday, January 20, 2011

Good Idea, Bad Idea

It's time for Good Idea, Bad Idea
The game in which I tell you my truly marvelous ideas, and how they went horribly, terribly wrong. (applause)

Good Idea-
Putting a hook on the kids' wall so they can hang up their wet towels to use for next time

Bad Idea-
Putting cheap hooks up that break in a few short months

Good Idea-
Deciding 'hey, that's not so bad, I'll just take it down' and unscrewing the screws.

Bad Idea-
Realizing that you husband (who put the hooks up) also sticky-fied them to the wall...and discovering this after you got frustrated and just pulled as hard as you could, ripping a giant hole in the wall.

Good Idea-
Letting the kids play as you try to clean your house

Bad Idea-
Not checking on where your three year and 15 month old are playing, and then discovering they are in the bathroom squeezing a new tube of toothpaste into the floor...which is carpeted.

Bad Idea-
Carpeting a bathroom floor- Whoever came up with that idea should be shot.

Good Idea-
Cleaning the bath tub

Bad Idea-
Turning your back on your 15 month old and leaving a bottle of comet where he can reach it. Which he promptly spilt on the carpeted bathroom floor, right in the wet spot of the once toothpaste you just cleaned up.

Good Idea-
Putting culprit children to bed, going downstairs, getting a bowl full of comforting ice cream, watching the Office, and deciding never to clean again.

that's the ticket.

3 comments:

Chantal Marie said...

Aubrey and I decided that this week is a week for our children to be terrors. Sounds like you're getting a taste of it from your kids too? We have all had those days.

Malerie said...

wahoo. I'm all for it!

tawna said...

Oh man. I am Right. there. with you.

seriously.

I've had my share of ice cream bowls on those days. :)

annnnd then husband comes home and wonders why I just left it there and didn't clean up. Oh honey. If you only knew...

p.s. I seriously think you are awesome. Hope that's not creepy. :)