It's weird how when you have three thousand four hundred and fifty nine kids, like we do...or at least that's how many it feels like, sometimes you forget things that make you, you. I'm not going to lie, the last year or so, I've had my hands so full of crazy kids, that sometimes I've forgotten about me.
It's not that I didn't want to do things for me, it's just that during the day I answers ten trillion questions, clean up the same mess sixty thousand times, all while kissing boo-boos, rocking a screaming child (he's pleasant), and making food. I'm just that awesome.
And sometimes at the end of the day, when I finally have time to myself, all I want to do (can do) is veg and read a book or watch a movie. And that's cool.
But sometimes I wonder, 'What did I use to do? What made me happy?'
And I have lots of things, but one of the thing is writing poems.
I use to write them all the time in high school and junior high. And they make me happy. So I apologize to those who hate to read poems, that occasionally I have a very random poem posted. But it makes me happy. :)
I had some one ask me one time if I wrote one of my posted poems. Yes. All the poems on this blog, unless sited otherwise, and mine. Here's two more, random, and short, make-me-happy poems. And they have no titles. Because that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How wrong have I had this life;
When I thought it was to make jealous or impress
In truth it was only to do my best.
How foolish was I to think that God shared
The feelings of what others thought and cared.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the lines,
Between and betwixt,
Is the heart of the author mixed.
If you look so carefully there
You'll find she bore her whole soul to share.
3 comments:
I think I have a poem you wrote in Jr. High that was super funny. Ill have to see if I can find it and Ill be sure to post it where lots of people can see it if I can!
Isn't it weird to ponder the things you used to do? And you are so busy that you didn't even realize that you missed them but then when you think about it, it makes you realize that you miss some things so much it almost hurts? Ive shed way too many tears over soccer. As dumb as that is, that is who I was for a really long time and OH HOW I LOVE IT! I tend to try and avoid thinking about it because it is so irrelevant next to what Im doing now but I can't deny that I miss it terribly when I actually slow down and think about it.
Kira, I have some poems you wrote in high school. They are some of my favorite things too look back and read. I'm a poem writer too. And it does make you feel good to write and express yourself.
I still struggle to "remember" what I used to do for me....hang in there, and KEEP WRITING! What a wonderful talent. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment