Friday, September 20, 2013

Emma and Fox

I've got to get a few of these thoughts and stories down before I forget them.

Emma (the other night at dinner)-"Why do they have kitty (kiddie) pools? Cats don't even like water."

Best part of this story is that I took the time to explain to her that it was kiDDie pools and not kiTTy pools, to which she replied, "um, no." and didn't believe me.

This next one may be one of my all-time favorites of Fox's quotes. Which, if you know the kid, is saying quite a bit. It was just so inappropriate, yet innocent, I still laugh whenever I think about it.

A few days ago after I sent the kids off to school I went and laid back down in bed to cuddle up next to Tony until he got up and headed to school. Fox came in, to see what was going on, and noticed that I didn't have any blankets on.

Fox- "Mom, you don't have any blankets on! Don't worry, I will keep you warm."

He then proceeded to, very carefully, crawl over me, and was very mindful not to climb on top of giant baby belly. He then laid his head gingerly on my shoulder and said, "There. Now you are warm."

I smiled and thanked him as he curled up next to me and had a sweet, little, content smile on his face. Just has I was thinking to myself, 'I have the most adorable, thoughtful, little boy,' when he looked up at me and sweetly/innocently said, "Yeah, but Mom, you're kind of stink-kay!" He said it sweetly/innocently until he hit the word "stink-kay!" Then he just blurted that out without holding anything back.

Tony and I both burst out laughing. My stomach hurt from laughing so hard...and then I went and took a shower. The End.

No comments: